Saturday, February 7, 2015

Beautiful Day

After what seems like months of mostly rain, today it was finally warm and dry enough to go outside for a few minutes and relax in the sun before the wind picked up again. I took the "pirate" doeling out with me and she mostly snoozed on my lap, but I am a dope and didn't get any pictures. My gentle giant hung out with us also, soaking up the warmth. His health has declined a lot recently and I know we don't have very much time left, but he is my best buddy and heart dog. I feel fortunate I've been able to spend the extra hours with him lately and to enjoy this beautiful day.


"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that." ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

1 comment:

  1. It was gorgeous here as well, and we too took advantage of it! The Youngun and I enjoyed sitting on the swing, I with Elvie and she with one of the babies. It was a lovely end to the day! It's bittersweet when our friends grow old! I'm glad you can take extra time to enjoy the days you have left!

    ReplyDelete