Tuesday, February 10, 2015

10 Days

New pictures at 10 days old!

Hikari's black Japanese kit (probable buck):


Valkyrie's black Japanese kit #1 (probable doe):


Valkyrie's blue Japanese kit #2 (probable doe- this is the wild one of the bunch):


Kurayami's blue Japanese kit #1 (probable buck):


Kurayami's black Japanese kit #2 (probable buck and largest of the 5):


I found two of 'em out of the nestbox this morning, but they are a little young and it was pretty cold. I plopped them back in and I haven't seen anyone again yet so they probably came out with mama while nursing. So far so good otherwise!

2 comments:

  1. Yaay! They are so sweet! The Youngun is really interested in Harlequins, she likes yours a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I just re-joined the club and I'll see if anyone raises them around ya'll if she ever wants to give them a try. They are super sweet and I'm hoping my measurements will help determine if they make feasible meat/fur rabbit for homesteaders (though objectively I don't think their coats are anywhere close to the luxury pelt of Silver Fox). :)

      Delete