Sunday, February 1, 2015

1 Day Old Kit Pics

Here they are! Valkyrie's duo:


Unfortunately, I discovered mama was a little overenthusiastic cleaning and the blue baby is missing the tip of his or her ear. Looks to be healing quick, though I am sure it will be more obvious later on. Honestly, I couldn't care less about cosmetic issues if health/type/growth are all there in the end.

Here are Kurayami's duo (both on the left) and Hikari's singleton all together in Kari's nest:


Another view of Hikari's kit:


None of the kits have big fat bellies like I was seeing with Sunshine and Tacoma, but they must be getting something as they are still here and fiesty. Hopefully milk production will increase in the coming days, but either way I'm thankful to have them at all.

9 comments:

  1. Aww, the poor baby's ear! But you are right, cosmetic issues really aren't a big deal as long as it is okay in health otherwise :) I read on a lady's blog the other day that dandelion is good for lactating does to help milk production and flow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In the summer we have dandelion galore, but I don't see any around right now. I added a little BOSS to their feed today, but I'm hoping that free-feeding the does will also help over the next few days. We need hippo kits! :)

      Delete
  2. They look so sweet and cozy in their nests!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! They are still slim- I get anxious going to check on them each day, but so far everyone is still feisty as ever. If they make it though, I am curious about whether their overall growth will be diminished.

      Delete
  4. At least it's only the ear tip! I'm so happy for you that you are getting kits out of your older stock! Can't wait to watch them grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, me too- thanks! I'm not even remotely bugged about the ear tip for a 2011 doe kindling for the first time in 2015. :)

      Delete