Sunday, December 21, 2014

Kit Updates

Today Tacoma suddenly started nesting frantically and kindled a big and beautiful singleton kit. I'm still not sure what Valkyrie is up to as she quit building a nest last night and has just been relaxing today. Sunshine's litter of 5 are looking fat and happy. Here is a pic of the group:


And Tacoma's chubster:


Proud mama:


Hopefully Valkyrie will let us know something one way or the other. I will need to move kits around so the singleton isn't alone in the nestbox, but I'd prefer to do it once I know the final head count. Either way I am thrilled to finally have some babies in the nestbox.. good job old gals!

Edit: I just found another kit in Tacoma's nestbox, so make that 2 chunks! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I always love to hear stories where "they" are wrong. As in the saying that you must breed a doe before a year old in order for her to successfully kindle. I know it's best, but it's nice to hear when some beat the odds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am tickled pink that 2 does kindled successfully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for babies! I can't wait to see what colors you have :). I know you are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will post more pics when they have a little more fur. I am so excited- I honestly didn't expect much of anything from the old gals, but I was pleasantly surprised. :)

      Delete
  4. Awww so beautiful! I am more excited than is probably normal, considering they aren't my rabbits. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they came from rabbits that were yours though- so you are still family. :)

      Delete