Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Goals

Now that the New Year is upon us, it is time for me to sit down and make a short list of goals to work towards. We had a lot of ups and downs in 2011 with family, school, and our animals, but I am optimistic about the upcoming year and am excited to see what the future will bring. Here is what I have come up with:

1. Graduate from nursing school/get my license. I know this is a big duh kind of goal (lol), but it has been what I have been working very hard on for a couple of years now. I have one more semester of school if all goes well.

2. Plant a small garden. Other than my perennial herb garden, I let all of the other beds lie fallow this year to focus on school. I'd like to weed a few of the empty/ignored plots and start planting some again this year.

3. Teach myself to crochet. My Grandma taught me to knit when I was little and I rekindled that a few years ago. I am still not very adept though and projects take me a long time. I have been told by several people that crochet might be a better fit, so I'd like to work on that this year.

4. Focus on one rabbit breed and stick with it. Since I got back into rabbits in 2009, I've worked with several breeds and dabbled in a few others. This year I had another (duh) revelation being that I can't really get anywhere until I get back to one and work hard at it. Being a very small hobby rabbitry (and wanting to stay that way) only supports this decision, so for this reason and others that I don't want to get into, I reluctantly decided to part with my Mini Lops and hope to focus on my Harlequins.

5. Improve type and health on the Harlies. I know this is technically two goals, but I'd be happy to see improvements on either for the year of 2012, especially now that I have a homebred keeper buck that was recently proven.

6. Cull, cull, cull. I have a tendency to hang onto stock that I get emotionally attached to, but I really need to move these out because I don't use them for breeding or show and they just end up taking up space and resources that could be used for real keepers.

7. Get rid of the old website and finish the new one with the domain transfer, etc. This one is self-explanatory and I just love Weebly. :)

I think that's it for now. I have home-based projects, but they aren't really farm related so I am not including them. Just things I'd like to do to make our home nicer, like carpentry work to fix the porch.

We'll see how these goals turn out when it is time to review them later on. Best wishes to all for a wonderful new year and thanks for taking the time to read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment