Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Boys

The two young bucklings we have here are both lilac Japanese and I am a little bit smitten.

I have a problem with bucks though. They are always my favorites. They will overrun my rabbitry if I let my heart decide who stays.


But sometimes I get to keep my favorites anyway.


Not as deep as I like, but we are finally getting some bootay!


Sorry his legs are a little wonky, but you get the idea. And here is buck #2:


He peaks early and is just a bit more pinched/undercut, but is also halfway decent for Harlequin.


See what I mean? His profile doesn't look as good as the first, but his HQ is still none too shabby.

Also, I am obsessed with the eye color on lilacs. Aren't they gorgeous in their amber glow?

I look forward to our eventual move because I hope to expand the Harlequins so I can actually do what I want to do without so much regard for space. Worst case scenario, we eat like kings. Can't be all bad, right?


Hope everyone is having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Nice bucks! They are my weakness, also. I've been tempted to replace my NZ buck with his son, because he's been such a fast grower. But Ichigo is such a sweetie I don't have the heart to do it! Hmmm... I may get nowhere in improving my herd at this rate....... :/

    Glad you are seeing an improvement in type! That's exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hear you completely. I still have my original herdsire and his son, Spock and Apollo, even though I really need to keep it moving down the line. I'm hoping if I can get some more room for the rabbits next year that I can make an area for retirees that I can't let go of. I don't get attached to every single rabbit, but when I do it is very hard to let them go.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Hoping we keep moving forward after a few recent setbacks. :)

      Delete