Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Roadtrip Continued

Sorry for the roadtrip interruption as I have been busy with school. (Note: another NON-rabbit post, sorry.)

We were in Atlanta last time. Did you know that Georgia Tech overlooks beautiful I-75? I didn't either until I drove past it: 


Pretty school, but terrible location in my humble opinion. Same with Georgia State University right next door. One of my fellow nursing students was recently car-jacked on campus and the perpetrators broke her arm. Although both of these schools have excellent reputations, I hope I can attend another school away from downtown Atlanta for my continued nursing education for obvious safety and location concerns.

Anyway, let's get out of Atlanta finally and keep heading north:


One of the nice things about the Atlanta area is that once you leave the perimeter, it doesn't take long for the city to change to suburbs towards Marietta and then to even some rural areas. One of my favorite "transition" areas is Woodstock/Canton that we are passing through as I-75 turns into I-575. As you can see some rolling hills appear and all of a sudden there is grass and trees again:


A completely different view from the city finally:


Here is the deranged driver (me). If you ever wanted to put a face with the crazy bunny lady that posts online, here's your chance:

  
Back to what is outside the car. We start crossing various creeks, streams, and even a river or two as we continue. I wanted to get some better pictures, but there wasn't really anywhere to pull over for most of them. The drive north of Canton and into the Blue Ridge mountains has a lot of scenic areas, but very few viewing areas or even a wide shoulder. The people are generally driving by at 70mph +:


Can you see a hint of the Blue Ridge mountains in the distance? We are passing Jasper by:


I was very fortunate because as we made our way into Ellijay, all of the Bradford Pear trees were blooming:


I probably should end this before it takes too long to load for slower connections. I hope to finish the trip pictures with the next post on the borders of Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment