Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mini Roadtrip

I've been away traveling the past few days by car. I thought I'd take ya'll on a tour through parts of Georgia as I make my way north. For the record, this post has nothing to do with rabbits whatsoever. Might want to stop reading if random travel pictures are not your cup o' tea. :)

If you are still here, then let's go ahead down the road leading away from the house. Everything is so green already!


 ..and onto the interstate. This is I-20 for those that don't live around here. It is a is a major east–west highway in the Southern United States that goes all the way from South Carolina to Texas:



 Now we are approaching Atlanta. As you can see, there is another major interstate called I-285. It is known around here as the perimeter of the city and basically makes a huge loop around it. We are going to pass right by so we can head to the city directly.


Just a hint for travelers that are coming through this area. The best time to travel is either at night or when everyone is at work. This means you do NOT want to head this direction during any rush hour time on week days or you should plan to bring something entertaining because you will be stuck, potentially for hours. It can get really, really packed. Here is a beautiful flowing example of why it is best to go when very few people are on the road:


At this point I am inside the perimeter, aka coming up on downtown Atlanta proper. There is very little traffic and it is a beautiful day. As you can see, the city is divided by two more huge interstates, I-75 and I-85:

 
And this is when things get weird. I wanted to go northeast, so I hopped on I-75N and apparently that includes a free trip down into darkness:


Yes, they send the drivers immediately into tunnels, several of them actually. I'd also like to take this time to point out that Atlanta is a city of BLING!


We don't even like regular colored buildings. They have to be topped in gold and circled in lipstick red. We also like to remind everyone ever (topped in gold again!) that we once held the Olympics here:


 Lego buildings are another popular fashion in this area:


A city made of legos?


 Just thought I'd share the preferences of Atlantians.

More to come from the mini roadtrip later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment