Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rainy Days and Photography

It is pouring outside as I type this. Over the summer it seemed like we couldn't hardly get a break from the intense sun baking everything down to drought levels. So, I am thankful for the water finally, but at the same time I have to admit that I have been itching to get new pictures of everyone and that is on hold until the weather lets up. I love natural lighting for pictures to the point that I pretty much refuse to take pictures without it these days. it just adds so much more. Here is a picture I took of one of my Don Juan climbing roses during a shower at dusk. See how artificial it looks even though it is a real life amazing bloom with dew drops all over?


To contrast here is one of my Darwin Tulips from Spring in natural sunlight:


 In my humble opinion, there is just no comparison to the natural color that comes through in the second picture. I love it so much that I pretty much limit myself to nice day photo shoots, which can occasionally be a pain when trying to work the weather around my school schedule. I almost always find that it is worth it in the end though because I am always so much happier with my pictures and feel like the time was well-spent.

Can you tell I like flowers? Flowers and bunnies make the world a better place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment