Friday, October 7, 2011

Babies!

I am very excited to say that Hikari kindled a beautiful litter of five last night. She had been exhibiting nesting behaviors for nine days straight, but on day 30 (yesterday) she pulled a ton of fur and lined her nestbox like a pro so I knew it would be soon. Just a few hours later it was baby time and she was so kind to let me watch while she finished up cleaning them and making sure they were safe and warm tucked up in her carefully arranged hay and fur.

I didn't want to bother them last night so I let them be for the evening shortly after, but this AM I pulled the nestbox out and did a quick check. It tentatively looks like 4 blues and 1 black, but of course it is hard to tell so early on. I am just so happy to have this litter- I have my fingers crossed for the kit's continued good health as this is a high risk time for them of course.

I'll post pictures in a few days after I can see how they are doing. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment