Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sick


 I am not going to go into the gory details, but I read a post on a forum that I regularly visit tonight that just sickened me involving an owner taking it upon themselves to destroy dogs that were in their yard attacking their rabbits. Mind you, their yard is not fenced in nor were they supervising rabbits they had in a flimsy tractor set-up.

As a rabbit owner and a dog owner, let me please take this time to humbly ask both rabbit and dog owners for the following:

1. Consider fencing in the yard. Even if you can't fence in the whole thing, consider a section. Sturdy fencing please.

2. Supervise animals in an unfenced/unprotected area. It is the only fair option to them and to you.

3. Although someone elses dog should not be in other people's yard, please consider that it may have never happened before. Maybe a family member left the gate open or something? That dog or cat might be some kid's heart critter- give them a chance or call animal control before taking it upon yourself to end them with weapons.

4. For the love of everything holy, consider actions AND the repercussions before doing anything!

5. Remember that the world is judging what you do and what you say all the time on the internet. Regardless of whatever decision is made, is it really a good idea to post a horrifying story on a public forum? I am not sure what there is to gain. Sympathy? Popularity? Infamy?

All that I have found is someone I never want to associate with for any reason ever again.

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you for your time.

1 comment:

  1. I read that post too! That was truly a sickening post...My boxer gets out by accident every once in a while just because she slips out a cracked door and such. She runs around the neighborhood and have to go get her as soon and we realize she is missing... I wouldn't want her to befall this kind of end because of an accident. It was overkill.

    ReplyDelete